Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Seasons Always Change...

“To everything there is a season…” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

Right now we are all pretty anxious and excited for the new summer season to arrive.  It was nice when the official start of spring came also but with that I believe that we all saw that as a short rest stop to the two months of warm, sunny weather we all look forward to during the long stretch of winter.

If we think about life as we do about the four seasons, I think we’d all be a lot more happy and hopeful.  We tend to get bogged down during those times of challenge that seem to linger on forever.  We lose hope that anything will ever change; that anything will ever truly get better.  We wonder if these moments of anguish are somewhat of a consequence for something we did wrong or even we sometimes ask God, “is this your plan for my life?”  I know for me, I rarely see hard times as moments in time, I often go to that extreme thought that “this just might be my lot in my life; my burden to bear; and maybe I was meant to suffer while everyone else enjoys the good life.  When you somehow adopt that way of thinking, it’s very hard to dispel it and reprogram your mind to move on with a more positive thought pattern. 

As I think about the scripture above it redirects my attention to what God truly wants us to focus on.  His word says that “there is a time for every purpose under heaven.” “ There is a time to weep and there is also a time to laugh.”  We have to use our energy to meditate on the fact that times change, just as seasons do.  This is God’s design, so no one bad day, bad month, bad year is meant to stay forever…that season will and MUST change.  God said it and He is still in control of all things!

When I was younger, I’d read stories and there was often a line that said “it came to pass that…”  I never knew what that statement meant until I became and adult and began to closely think about words and phrases, as I tried to find meaning in it all.  That statement is truly profound to me now though because every single thing that we face on this earth has “come to pass”, these things  did not come to stay!  If we can just hold on to that thought, I know we could be more joyful and expectant and we’d leave no room for hopelessness or despair. 


As we look forward to this year’s warmer season, lets also look forward to a new season in our personal lives and let’s go one step further and expect that the season we are entering will be filled with new answered prayers, new relationships,  and new opportunities to grow and prosper in everything we are on this earth to do! 

Song to listen to:  "Praise Him In Advance" - Marvin Sapp

No comments:

Post a Comment