Monday, March 30, 2015

"Give Him the Glory!"

“It happened for the glory of God so that the Son of God will receive glory from this.” (John 11:4)

One of the strongest characteristics of human nature is the urge to think about and question things.  The urge to ask “why?”  “Why is this happening?; Why did you do that?; and Why did that happen?”   There are an infinite number of why questions for sure, but what I’ve come to understand is that there is not always a specific answer for those questions, no matter how many times you ask or how passionate or frustrated you get!

Lately, I’ve been thinking about the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead.  One of the first questions asked when Jesus arrived was “why did you wait four days before coming?”  This is so familiar to me because I often ask the Lord the same thing in my daily life.  Small and big trials lead me to ask “what is this all about?” or  “why are you taking so long?”  Sometimes an answer comes eventually but most times I have to find comfort in knowing that I might not understand the reason but God always does.  One of my parents has been very ill over the last few years and there have been so many times that I asked God what was happening and why.  Today, as I was reading the story of Lazarus the above scripture stuck with me. 

God wants us to know that He is in control of all things, including life and death.  Usually when we are blessed with a new job; with a new relationship; with a healthy child; with a new home etc., people congratulate us as if it’s something we did to gain these blessings.  We always say thank you, but the truth of the matter is that we should be saying , "give all thanks and praises to God!"  I thank God today that I know that nothing I have or am is due to my effort!  I am perpetually imperfect and incapable, so I know all that I am is only because of God’s love, grace and mercy.  God blesses us and answers our prayers because He wants us to know his faithfulness and to praise Him as we share our testimony with others that don’t know Him in the way that we do!  It’s really not about us…hard to believe right??...It’s not about you!!! 

Just as in the story of Lazarus, the trials; the people we've written off; the dreams we think are dead and buried can all be resurrected with one touch from God!  Even if it’s been months or years, that doesn't mean that the Lord won't stop by and make all things new.  So during your current trial(s) or during the one(s) to come remember this, no one season of joy or pain lasts forever!  Get ready to give Him the glory!


Song to listen to: “Give me a clean heart” –Greater Mount Calvary Church

2 comments:

  1. God is always faithful. Giving him all honor, glory, and praise in advance for the good news I'm going to receive this week...

    ReplyDelete